Glory’s CI-10 POS solutions will be installed at traditional, self-checkout, food-to-go and drive-through payment positions and combined with CI-100 solutions in the store back office to deliver automated closed loop cash management. Removing the need for store employees to handle cash reduces stress, eliminates errors and significantly accelerates end of day reconciliation for store managers. This latest order means that 25% of all SPAR, EUROSPAR and ViVO branded stores in Northern Ireland will be enabled with Glory cash automation technology.
Latest order significantly extends the relationship between The Henderson Group and Glory
Basingstoke, UK – 1st February, 2023 – Glory (TYO: 6457), a global leader in retail cash automation solutions today announced that major Northern Ireland retailer Henderson Group, has signed a substantial multi million pound order with the company for both point of sale (POS) and back-office cash recycling solutions, along with a 7 year maintenance agreement. Comprising 208 CI-10 POS solutions and 24 CI-100 back-office solutions, the latest order continues to strengthen the relationship between the two companies as the new technology is installed across Henderson company owned stores and their independent retailer estate, building on their last order placed in 2021.
Henderson Group owns the SPAR, EUROSPAR, ViVO, ViVOXTRA and ViVO Essentials franchises in Northern Ireland and operates a portfolio of more than 100 company stores, and supplies to around 400 independently owned stores. The Group is committed to delivering the latest retail technology in their stores to enable their retailers to deliver an exceptional customer experience to their shoppers. Glory’s CASHINFINITY solutions help Henderson Group to meet customer demands and choice in the way they order, pay, and are served while optimising cash handling from point of sale to the back office.
Ron Whitten, Chief Financial Officer at Henderson Group said: “Since adopting Glory’s CASHINFINITY solutions in some of our stores, our retailers are reporting greater efficiencies instore for their staff teams and shoppers’ experiences. Cash handling from a consumer point of view has changed immeasurably over the past few years; we are committed to providing solutions that will meet their needs, and Glory delivers a comprehensive and proven solution across the board.
“In 2023, we will continue our investment in local communities and have over £60 million earmarked for new store builds and refurbishments for both our company-owned estate and with our retail partners. Working with partners like Glory means we can build stores with industry leading technology innovations at the fore.”
Mark McCallum, Country Head UK & Ireland at Glory said: “We are proud to continue and extend our strong relationship with Henderson Group to protect and manage its cash assets across their business, helping them to deliver payment choice and an exceptional customer experience in their stores across Northern Ireland.”
Glory’s CASHINFINITY closed-loop solution offers retail businesses heightened security and real-time insight into its cash position while seamlessly integrating with its front-of-store payment installations - whether staff-operated or self-checkout - and providing customers additional options, ease, and facility to pay for their goods however they wish. The solution is designed to save retailers time and reduce costs by removing the constraints of traditional cash management and allowing staff to focus more fully on delivering greater value and an enhanced customer experience.
- ENDS -
As a global leader in cash technology solutions, we provide the financial, retail, QSR, cash center and gaming industries with confidence that their cash is protected and always working to help build a stronger business.
Our cash automation technologies and process engineering services help businesses in more than 100 countries optimize the handling, movement and management of cash. While we span the globe, we personally engage with each customer to address their unique challenges and goals — enhancing staff efficiency, reducing operating costs and enabling a more rewarding customer experience.
Employing over 11,000 professionals worldwide with dedicated R&D and manufacturing facilities across the world, GLORY is built on a rich customer-focused, technology-driven heritage spanning almost a hundred years.
About Henderson Group
- Henderson Group is a local family business achieving 84th place on the latest Sunday Times HSBC Top Track 100 league table of the UK’s private companies.
- Henderson Group ranked 3rd in the Ulster Business Top 100 NI Companies 2022, 2nd in the Ulster Grocer Top 75 NI Food & Drink companies 2022 and 15th in the Belfast Telegraph Top 100 Companies 2022.
- The Group owns the SPAR, EUROSPAR, VIVO, VIVOXTRA and VIVO Essentials franchises in Northern Ireland.
- Four companies make up the Group - Henderson Wholesale, Henderson Retail, Henderson Group Property and Henderson Foodservice.
- Henderson Wholesale has been distributing food and grocery-related products to the convenience retail sector for over 120 years and is the largest operator of its kind in the country.
- The Group is committed to sourcing local fresh foods from farmers, growers and suppliers, with over 75% of fresh products sourced on the island of Ireland.
- Henderson Retail owns and operates 103 SPAR and EUROSPAR stores in Northern Ireland and was named Independent Retail Chain of the Year at the 2022 Grocer Gold Awards.
- Henderson Foodservice is a market leading supplier to the catering industry, providing a vast range of products to hotels, schools, restaurants etc. across Ireland.
- Operating out of its head office in Mallusk, the Group employs around 4,500 employees across Northern Ireland.
- Multi award winning Henderson Group companies have claimed Retail Industry Awards Store Team of the Year and Forecourt Retailer of the Year; Belfast Telegraph Business Awards in Excellence in Marketing and Excellence in Development of Management and Leadership; CSR awards at the Ulster Grocer Marketing Awards and Irish News Workplace & Employment Awards; Deloitte Best Managed Company Gold standard and Investors in People Gold and Silver accreditation; Grocer Gold Independent Retailer of the Year for Henderson Retail; and Family Business of the Year at the new Business Eye Family Business Awards.
Glory Media Contact
Vice President, Strategic Marketing
+44 7887 052366