FY2015 Slavery and Human Trafficking Transparency Statement
1. About the Statement
Glory Global Solutions (International) Limited (“GGS”) has produced this FY2015 Slavery and Human Trafficking Transparency Statement (“Statement”) in line with the requirements of Section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015. GGS, as a company carrying on business in the United Kingdom, aims through this Statement to provide insight into the steps that GGS has taken during the fiscal year 2015 ending March 2016 to ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not occurring in any part of its business and supply chains.
2. About GGS
GGS is the UK sales and service division of its parent company, GLORY LTD., which is headquartered in Japan. The Glory group is a global business providing products and solutions for improving efficiency and accuracy of currency handling operations in financial, retail, transportation, gaming and other industries in more than 100 countries. The GLORY group has approximately 9,000 employees around the world. For more information on GLORY’s business group and its activities, please visit the following website: http://www.corporate.glory-global.com/
3. GGS’ commitment and initiatives to combat Slavery and Human Trafficking
GGS is proud of our heritage of fair and ethical treatment of employees. GGS has a zero tolerance approach to slavery and human trafficking and we are committed to ensuring there is no slavery or human trafficking in any part of our business including our supply chains.
As part of our ongoing initiative to identify and mitigate risk, we work with suppliers to ensure we have in place systems to:
- Identify and assess potential risk areas in our supply chains
- Monitor potential risk areas in our supply chains
- Mitigate and eliminate the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring in our supply chains
- Protect whistleblowers
To ensure all those in our supply chain comply with our values, we have in FY 2015/16 significantly enhanced our supply chain compliance programme. This programme includes but is not limited to:
- carrying out due diligence on all our tier 1 suppliers to ensure their understanding of and compliance with UK anti-slavery law as well as any related applicable laws in their country of operation;
- requiring tier 1 suppliers to commit to compliance with the GLORY Supplier Code of Conduct. This code includes amongst other requirements, a prohibition on forced labor, inhuman treatment, child labor and discrimination and a requirement for the payment of appropriate wages and restrictions on working hours and respect for employees’ rights to freedom of association;
- monitoring compliance by requiring every supplier and every employee of Glory Global Solution to review and confirm their compliance with our Legal Code of Conduct every year
- ensuring we have in place suitable contractual undertakings from our third party suppliers as to their compliance with the law in this area;and
- having a dedicated compliance team which consists of professionals from Legal, Finance, Audit, Human Resources and Procurement.
4. Approval for the Statement
I, Akihiro Harada, certify that the information contained in this Statement is true and factual and has been approved by the Board of Directors of Glory Global Solutions (International) Limited.
September 30, 2016
Chief Executive Officer
Glory Global Solutions (International) Limited