The history of GLORY dates back to 1918, when Kokuei Machinery Manufacturing was founded in Himeji, Japan. Kokuei Machinery was established as a factory for repairing and manufacturing light-bulb devices. In ensuing years, it expanded on its manufacturing strengths to build the first coin counter.
After developing Japan's first coin counter for Japan Mint in 1950, Kokuei entered the money handling machine business and began creating revolutionary products such as coin wrappers, 1,000-yen banknote changers, and cigarette vending machines. Soon after its establishment in 1953, Kokuei's "GLORY" brand became synonymous with the pioneering production of money handling machines in Japan. Then, in 1958, Kokuei reinforced the pioneering reputation of the GLORY brand by introducing the first vending machines in Japan for the sale of cigarettes and chewing gum.
In 1971, Kokuei renamed itself GLORY, taking a name expressive of the company's distinguished ascent to prominence as an internationally competitive manufacturer.
As it expanded its business, GLORY developed two core technologies, one for "recognition" and one for "identification." These were key for the handling and sorting of both coins and banknotes at high speeds with high accuracy. By leveraging and enhancing these technologies over the years, GLORY introduced the GLORY Open Teller System (introduced in 1986) and Cash Recyclers for cashiers (introduced in 1996). All of these efforts allowed GLORY to build a strong customer base in the financial, retail, vending and amusement markets.
Today GLORY sells products in more than 100 countries through its worldwide network. Our recently adopted slogan, We are convinced that GLORY is entering a major turning point in its history.
A Striving Spirit - Mind of Jusaku Onoe -
History of GLORY
- 1918Kokuei Machinery Manufacturing (now GLORY LTD.) is founded in Himeji, Japan.
- 1944Kokuei Machinery Manufacturing Co., Ltd. (now GLORY LTD.) becomes an incorporated company.
- 1957Sales and after-service functions of Kokuei Machinery are separated as an independent company, Kokuei Shoji Co., Ltd. (now GLORY LTD.)
- 1969Kokuei Shoji Co., Ltd. is renamed as GLORY SHOJI CO., LTD. (now GLORY LTD.)
GLORY Service Co., Ltd. is established.
- 1970Showa Toso Co., Ltd. is acquired and renamed as GLORY Kiki Co., Ltd. (now GLORY Products Ltd.)
- 1971Kokuei Machinery Manufacturing Co., Ltd. is renamed as GLORY LTD.
- 1980Daiichi Jimuki is acquired and renamed as Hokkaido GLORY Co., Ltd.
- 1981G.N System Co., Ltd. (now GLORY Products Ltd.) is established
- 1982GLORY (U.S.A.) INC.（now Glory Global Solutions Inc.）, the first overseas subsidiary for sales and service, is established in California.
- 1983GLORY stock is listed on the Osaka Securities Exchange.
- 1984Sayo GLORY Co., Ltd. (now GLORY Products Ltd.) is established.
- 1988AZ Co., Ltd. (now GLORY AZ System Co., Ltd.) is acquired.
Fukusaki Kogyo Co., Ltd. (now GLORY Products Ltd.) is established.
- 1989Logistics Yo-Ko Co., Ltd. (now GLORY IST Co., Ltd.) is acquired.
- 1991GLORY GmbH (now Glory Global Solutions (Germany) GmbH) is established in Germany to control European operations.
- 1994GLORY (PHILIPPINES), INC., the company’s first overseas manufacturing subsidiary, is established.
- 1995GLORY Foundation for Elementary School Students is established.
GAM Co., Ltd. (now GLORY NASCA Ltd.) is acquired.
- 1996GLORY MONEY HANDLING MACHINES PTE LTD （now Glory Global Solutions (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.） is established in Singapore.
- 1998GLORY Techno 24 Co., Ltd. is established.
- 2000GLORY is listed on the First Section of the Osaka Securities Exchange and the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- 2001GLORY Cash Handling Systems (China) Ltd. (now Glory Global Solutions (Hong Kong) Ltd.), a sales subsidiary, is established in Hong Kong.
- 2003GLORY Denshi Kogyo (Suzhou) Ltd., a manufacturing subsidiary, is established in Suzhou, China.
GLORY International Trading (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.（now Glory Global Solutions (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.）, a sales subsidiary, is established in Shanghai, China.
- 2004Reis Eurosystems AG (now Glory Global Solutions (Germany) GmbH), a manufacturer of money-handling machines in Germany, is acquired.
- 2005NASCA Corporation (now GLORY NASCA Ltd.) , a sales company for the amusement market, is acquired.
- 2006GLORY SHOJI CO., LTD. is merged to GLORY LTD.
- 2008GLORY France (now Glory Global Solutions (France) S.A.S.), a sales subsidiary, is established.
GLORY IPO Asia Ltd. in Hong Kong and GLORY IPO China Ltd. in Shenzhen, China, are established as subsidiaries for IPO (International Procurement Operation) transactions.
CREATION CARD CO., LTD. (now GLORY NASCA Ltd.), a sales company for amusement market, is acquired.
Kasai GLORY Co., Ltd. merges with Sayo GLORY Co., Ltd. and renames itself to Harima GLORY Ltd.
(now GLORY Products Ltd.)
NASCA Corporation merges with GLORY Links Co., Ltd. and renames itself to GLORY NASCA Ltd.
- 2010GLORY Kiki Co., Ltd. merges with Harima GLORY Ltd. and GLORY TEC Ltd., and renames itself to GLORY Products Ltd.
Sitrade Italia S.p.A. is acquired.
- 2011GLORY NASCA Ltd. acquires CREATION CARD CO., LTD.
GLORY Currency Automation India Pvt. Ltd.（now Glory Global Solutions (India) Pvt. Ltd.）, a sales subsidiary, is established.
- 2012GLORY Service Co., Ltd. merges with GLORY F&C Co., Ltd.
Glory Global Solutions Ltd. in United Kingdom is established and acquires Talaris Topco Limited （now Glory Global Solutions (Topco) Ltd.） and other 32 subsidiaries.
- 2014PT. Glory Global Solutions Indonesia, a sales subsidiary, is established.
History of Principal Products
GLORY has been developing and releasing Japan's first coin counting products since 1950. Its innovation continues to this day.
On this page we introduce the GLORY line of products used in Japan.
Coin Counter for Japan Mint (first in Japan)
Chewing Gum Vending Machine (first in Japan)
Cigarette Vending Machine (first in Japan)
Coin Wrapper (first in Japan)
Coin Sorter (first in Japan)
Coin-Operated Locker (first in Japan)
Automatic Fixed Deposit Processing Machine (first in Japan)
Bank Teller Cash Dispenser (first in Japan)
Banknote Strapping Machine (first in Japan)
Multi-functional Banknote Changer
Banknote Sorter (first in Japan)
Banknote Recycler for financial institutions (first in Japan)
"P-card" System - Magnetic paper prepaid card (first in Japan)
Open Teller System for financial institutions (first in Japan)
Premium Management System for "Pachinko" parlors
Coin Recycler (first in Japan)
Personal Identification Seal Verification System
Industry's first Automatic Handwritten Ballot Sorter
Contactless Smart Card Reader
Gift-Certificate Processing Machine
High-precision technology of Face Recognition
Cash Management Machine for “Pachinko” parlors
Key-Less Locker usable for both coins and contactless smart cards
Cash Monitoring Cabinet
Compact Open Teller System for financial institutions
Speech Privacy Protection System
Portable Handy Banknote Reader for the visually impaired
Banknote, Coin and Gift-certificate Depositing Machine